The Teen Years
Peace, Cooperation and Less Stress in Your Family…
You know you want it!
But with today’s hectic schedules, we can become disconnected from each other. Add in the frustrations of being misunderstood, and you start to wonder,
“Does my family even know who I am anymore?”
Reconnect in a fresh, new way with the members of your family.
Discover the ingredients to a stronger relationship with your teen!
It was a dark and stormy night. I could feel something ominous coming. I’d been warned by so many before me.
There’s a teenager coming!
Oh yes, raising teens is a major transition for parents. There is uncertainty. There may be fear. In either case, your children’s behavior and moods may look unrecognizable to you. This creates power struggles, frustrated communication and who really knows what’s going on in the mind of a teenager?
Got teens? 5 Things parents of teens should know:
1. You are still your teen’s most influential teacher. What you do matters.
2. Take care of yourself. You will have more energy to enjoy parenting your teen.
3. Understand your individual parenting style. It effects how your teen’s character develops.
4. The teen brain is still growing and developing all the way through their mid twenties. This directly affects their behavior, coordination, emotions and decision making abilities.
5. The best defense is a good offense, when it comes to preventing power struggles. Keep the lines of communication open between you and your teen. Pay attention to your words, tone of voice and body language.